Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Scroll of democracy

OK so today I will "define" democracy. I will discuss if it is still present in the Mighty U.S. OF A!!!!!!! Democracy is when the government is one with the people. Everybody has a voice. I'll tell you one thing democracy has major flaws. In a perfect world, the power of a democratic government is split up in to three equal parts. But in reality is doesn't work exactly like it should. Like the idea of communism, it’s good but then in the real world it sucks. Yes, I just compared communism with democracy. But I think democracy failed on a smaller scale than communism did. Is democracy still alive in the US, ummmmm.... yes and no. I think it’s on life support.  For example more and more freedoms are being taken away and the three branches can get more power than one another. It hasn't worked out the way it was planned. Tons of people don't vote and then whine about who is president. Yes there is the excuse "that my vote wouldn't have mattered anyway". Well maybe it wouldn't have mattered but you have no right to complain about who runs the country if you didn't make your voice heard.

2 comments:

Shadow Panda said...

geat blog, kick ass

Elise Capiesh said...

You didn't even spell check that. Dork! :P